OAN Ask Viewers to Call Cable Companies to Keep Network

Date:

The founder of conservative TV network One America News (OAN) is pleading with its viewers to call their cable companies as the network faces an uncertain future following a decision by DirecTV to drop the channel from its lineup

“It was a major surprise to me when I read it in the news last Friday night, as I’m sure it was to you,” Herring said during a segment Thursday. 

- Advertisement -

Robert Herring Sr. appeared on OAN last week and said the cable provider’s decision came as a surprise to him. In the past, Herring said that AT&T advised him to create the network which is reportedly being bankrolled by the phone carrier. 

“Whether it’s Spectrum, Dish, or any of the other great providers … let them know that you would like for them to carry One America News,” he said in a 2 1/2-minute segment.

DirecTV plans to remove OAN later this year, a move that would cripple the network which reportedly is struggling to retain viewers. 

“We only charge 10 cents per household per month,” Herring said. “That is a great deal by any standard, giving all of the amazing content our team puts out.”

DirecTV also plans to drop the conservative channel’s sister network, A Wealth of Entertainment.

- Advertisement -
Barrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio Summit

Popular