Home Blog Page 939

Watch Video Of The ‘Lamont & Tonelli’ Signoff From ‘107.7 The Bone

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

This past Friday, the “Lamont & Tonelli” show abruptly ended at Cumulus Media’s Classic Rock 107.7 The Bone in San Francisco.

The Bay Area duo have been on the air together for 35 years.

The station’s website currently does not list a morning show. Neither the station nor its parent company, Cumulus Media, has responded to Barrett Media’s requests for comments.

Here is the video of the show’s final signoff.

TNT Sports, Amazon Prime Video to Pair Adam Alexander, Steve Letarte with Dale Earnhardt Jr. for New NASCAR Booth

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

TNT Sports and Amazon Prime Video are set to take over a portion of the NASCAR schedule in 2025, and it has announced Adam Alexander, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Steve Letarte will be in the booth.

It is a return for Alexander. He called NASCAR on TNT races from 2010 to 2014 when it most recently held the package.

“I’m very excited to return to TNT Sports as they renew their coverage of NASCAR,” said Alexander. “I have great respect for Dale and Steve and look forward to calling races with them.”

Steve Letarte joins TNT Sports after previously working in the NASCAR on NBC booth. He served as crew chair for Dale Earnhardt Jr. from 2010 to 2014, winning the 2014 Daytona 500 in the process. He left NASCAR to join the NBC broadcast team in 2014.

“I am looking forward to joining the team at TNT Sports and working alongside Dale Jr. again in the booth,” said Letarte. “TNT has a long history of covering NASCAR and I am excited to contribute to that history next season when the green flag waves on TNT’s coverage in June.”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. had previously been announced as a member of the TNT Sports broadcast crew. He was sentimental about the sport’s return to the network.

“It’s so nostalgic to see TNT Sports return to NASCAR,” said Earnhardt Jr. “I enjoyed watching their coverage back in the day. I’m looking forward to being a part of the team and working with Adam (Alexander) and (Steve) Letarte.”

The crew of Adam Alexander, Steve Letarte, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. will also be the team for the Amazon Prime Video portion of the NASCAR Cup Series schedule beginning in 2025.

“We are thrilled to welcome Dale, Steve, and Adam as official members of the Prime Video family,” said Prime Video Director of Global Live Sports Production Jared Stacy. “We are excited for this group to bring their collective experience, passion and credibility to NASCAR fans as we begin our coverage next season.”

Shaquille O’Neal Reportedly Not Under Contract with TNT For Next Season

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

While Warner Bros. Discovery and TNT along with the NBA and Disney/ESPN is celebrating the announcement of lawsuits ending and Inside the NBA staying, apparently some earlier reports that said all members of the famed TNT show were under long-term contracts have turned out to not be completely accurate. SI’s Jimmy Traina has reported Shaquille O’Neal’s contract expires July 1, 2025.

Traina reports that since the others on the show, Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley each do things outside of their Inside the NBA agreement, such as the NCAA Tournament, they have different contract setups. O’Neal only works on Inside the NBA and thus his contract expires at the same time the network’s contract with the league does.

Traina wrote, “While sources say Shaq wants to remain on the show, he’s frustrated that there has been congratulations and press releases hyping that Inside the NBA is remaining the same while he is currently not under contract to be with the company next season.”

Ernie Johnson has been with the show the longest, having started for its second season in 1990. Kenny Smith joined as an analyst in 1998, followed by Charles Barkley in 2000 and Shaq in 2011. Others such as Magic Johnson, Reggie Miller, Chris Webber and Draymond Green have also served as analysts on the show.

The show has won nineteen Sports Emmy Awards and Johnson has won seven awards as a studio host. Charles Barkley has won five awards as a top studio analyst with the most recent one coming this year.

Robin Bertolucci on Departure From KFI-AM 640: ‘It Was a Good Time to Go’

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

KFI-AM 640 Program Director Robin Bertolucci exited the iHeartMedia Los Angeles news/talk station earlier this month after 22 years of leading the brand. And while it was bittersweet, she says the timing was right.

Bertolucci — alongside her husband, FOX Sports Radio executive and AM 570 LA Sports Program Director Don Martin — departed on November 8th. The pair have stated it was their decision, as the exits came days before iHeartMedia made widespread cuts to the KFI newsroom, as well as the FOX Sports Radio staff.

In a conversation with the Los Angeles Daily News, Bertolucci said the timing was right.

“It was a breakup,” she said. “Totally mutual. It was time. I am at peace. It was a good time to go, but leaving hurt. It was very hard to say goodbye.”

In addition to programming KFI, Robin Bertolucci also served as Program Director of The Patriot 1150 AM.

iHeartMedia Executive Vice President of News/Talk and Sports programming Chris Berry is serving as the interim PD of KFI-AM 640 on an interim basis.

Howard Stern Warns Netflix After Tyson-Paul Fight Problems

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

Howard Stern has warned that there will be significant repercussions if Netflix customers face streaming difficulties again during their NFL Christmas broadcasts.

During the Monday episode of his Sirius XM radio show, Stern addressed Netflix in response to the widespread backlash over buffering issues and outages experienced during the Mike Tyson-Jake Paul fight on Friday.

“I don’t know how this stuff works, but you gotta make sure it works,” Stern said. “You f–k up people’s football, there is hell to pay. You better not.”

Stern mentioned that Netflix will host two significant NFL matchups on December 25.

In a highly anticipated game, the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs will face the Pittsburgh Steelers at Acrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh.

The Ravens are set to face the Texans at NRG Stadium in Houston.

Both teams are expected to be strong contenders for the postseason, and the high stakes of this matchup will add to the game’s intensity.

Stern expressed his concerns following widespread frustration among fans regarding quality and buffering issues that plagued the Tyson-Paul card. Down Detector received over 88,000 reports of streaming problems on Friday night alone.

Aaron Cunningham Named Events Coordinator At Pillar Media

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

Aaron Cunningham has been appointed Events Coordinator for The New Flo 107.1, STAR 101.5, and KPOF-AM 910 at Pillar Media Denver. He is recognized for his contributions to the Christian music industry under the stage name Cyfë II.

Cunningham will develop and oversee local events that engage listeners and enhance community connections, thereby promoting the stations’ visibility in Denver.

Cunningham said, “This opportunity absolutely came about as a move of God; the way everything in my life up until I was hired has been orchestrated. I feel like this opportunity is bigger than me. I see this position as a way to serve my community in the ministry and gift of music that God has given me. Glory to God.”

Pillar Media Brand Director Matt Stockman added, “I’m thrilled to welcome Aaron to the team. His creativity, passion for the community, and love for God will all be instrumental in helping us connect with the people of Denver in meaningful and impactful ways.”

Great Plains Media Adds ‘Bob 97.9’ In Bloomington

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

Great Plains Media has taken over the operations of adult hits station “Bob 97.9” WBBE in Bloomington, IL, and has submitted a proposal to acquire the station from Woodward Communications.

Woodward Communications is selling off the recently acquired stations from Neuhoff Media in the Bloomington market. (BMM 11/14) Great Plains Media has entered into a Local Marketing Agreement (LMA) with Woodward for “Bob 97.9” and announced plans to purchase the station on Friday, November 15.

“We welcome Bob FM to the Great Plains Media stable of stations,” Great Plains Media Bloomington Owner Jerry Zimmer said.  “With the addition of Bob FM, we feel that Great Plains Media now has a format and audience to serve every person and every advertiser in the Bloomington-Normal area.”

Great Plains Media Bloomington has been a key player in the Bloomington-Normal area since 2007, operating several radio stations. These include the Country WIBL (107.7) and its FM translator, the Bloomington-licensed 92.1. The lineup also features the talk station “Cities 92.9” WRPW and AC “Magic 99.5” WZIM.

Prime Video Announces Season 3 of ‘Coach Prime’ to Debut in January

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

Prime Video Sports announced a third season of its Sports Emmy-nominated docuseries Coach Prime will debut on January 7, 2025. Different from the first two seasons, the third season will see all episodes dropped at once. Colorado head coach Deion ‘Coach Prime’ Sanders, along with his sons Shedeur and Shilo Sanders made the announcement during an appearance on the Big Noon Kickoff Show.

The new season is currently in production and follows Coach Prime and the University of Colorado Buffaloes, which features the Sanders family and leading Heisman Trophy candidate Travis Hunter. Fans are able to see Coach Prime take them inside the locker room and on the field during games and practices throughout their 2024 season.

Coach Prime is executive produced by SMAC Entertainment’s Michael Strahan, Constance Schwartz-Morini, and FredAnthony Smith. Coach Prime is a co-production from Prime Video Sports and SMAC Productions, a division of SMAC Entertainment.

Colorado is currently 8-2 on the season and the team is ranked No. 16 in the AP Top 25. They are 6-1 in Big 12 conference play which ties them for the lead with BYU. The team has currently won four games in a row. Their two remaining regular season games will be at Kansas on Saturday and then at home against Oklahoma State on Friday Nov. 29.

Kat Mykals Named New Host Of ‘Loudwire Weekend’

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

Townsquare Media and Compass Media Networks have announced that Kat Mykals will be the new host of “Loudwire Weekend.”

Mykals, currently the afternoon host at Townsquare Rock “103 GBF” Evansville, IN, is set to take over the weekend hosting duties from Chuck Armstrong, who previously held the role on weeknights.

Armstrong has been the host of the show since April 2023, succeeding Todd Fooks. Mykals joined WGBF in 2017 and previously co-hosted the morning show on the sister station, Top 40 “Kiss 106.1.”

Mykals posted on Instagram:

“I am beyond excited to share that I am the new host of Loudwire Weekends and will be NATIONALLY SYNDICATED on more than 30 rock stations all across the country every Saturday and Sunday night from 7p – Midnight.”

“And don’t worry – I’m not leaving Evansville, and everything else will still stay the same. I’ll still be on during the week 3p – 7p (CT) and I’ll still be out and about in the community supporting our nonprofit and emceeing events.”

“This is a tremendous opportunity, and one that 20-something Kat would have never believed possible.”

“If you’ve been here for the long haul, thank you from the bottom of my heart for rockin’! Can you believe it’s been almost 20 years?! If you’re new to my page, welcome! I’m so glad you’re here.”

“If you want to listen to the show this weekend, download the 103 GBF or Loudwire apps… or both – they’re free! Then come hang and rock with me.”

Former WTOP News Anchor/Reporter, Westwood One Host Evan Haning Dies

0

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

Longtime Washington D.C. news anchor and reporter and host of Westwood One morning show First Light Evan Haning has died, according to a report from WTOP.

Evan Haning had a nearly 50-year radio career with stops at stations like KRLA, WJOK, WWRC, WNEW, and WTOP. He later went on to host the nationally syndicated First Light program from Westwood One from 2015 to 2018. The network ended the program in 2022.

Haning spent nearly a decade at WTOP. “He loved working in radio,” his daughter, Amber, told the Hubbard Radio station. “WTOP was his favorite job he ever had — he talked about it all the time.”

He worked as a general assignment reporter while working in Washington D.C. before hosting the Westwood One program.

Haning, 74, succumbed to his battle with cancer last week. He is survived by his wife Melissa, daughter Amber, son Garrison, and two grandchildren.