Staffers at CNN are reportedly on edge following an editorial meeting Friday to discuss recent changes including the dismissal of Brian Stelter and the cancellation of his show “Reliable Sources.”
According to Deadline, CNN CEO Chris Licht told employees that more changes are coming and that there may be moves that people don’t agree with.
“I want to acknowledge to everyone that this is a time of change. I know that it is unsettling,” the report said.
Stelter’s last program was Sunday. According to the Daily Beast, Stelter had been at odds with the direction of the network after the departure of CNN President Jeff Zucker.
Part of Licht’s frustration is the widespread media reporting about the new direction of the network. He stressed, “that those fluid plans are only known by a few in CNN management’s inner circle.”
The changes at CNN began last year when Chris Cuomo was fired for allegedly using his position to help his older brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who was facing a barrage of sexual misconduct claims.
Early this year, President Jeff Zucker suddenly resigned for having an inappropriate relationship with former marketing executive Allison Gollust.
Last week, Jefferey Toobin exited CNN after two decades with the network.
“No one is safe or secure right now,” a CNN staffer said.



