Many news/talk hosts around the country have worked each of the past two weekends due to wild stories breaking that required instant coverage and analysis. KFI AM-640 afternoon host Tim Conway Jr. shared why he won’t complain about it.
Earlier this month, former President Donald Trump faced an assassination attempt on a Saturday afternoon, which led to intense coverage of the event. Then this past Sunday, President Joe Biden announced his intention to step away from the race for the White House. While not optimal times to call in your weekday talents, both situations warranted stations putting their best foot forward.
While discussing the radio industry with Woody from the nationally syndicated Woody Show, which originates from sister station ALT 98.7, Conway Jr. noted that being asked to come in during a breaking news situation, even if it’s a weekend or a vacation day, certainly beats the alternative.
“When (KFI AM-640 Program Director) Robin (Bertolucci) asked me to come in here on Sunday because Joe Biden was resigning and he wasn’t gonna be a candidate anymore, somebody said, ‘Don’t you find it a pain in the ass that you get called in during your vacation?’ I said no, because there’ll be a day where nobody calls,” he said. “Nobody.”
Conway Jr. anchored the KFI coverage on Sunday afternoon after Biden’s announcement, ending a vacation short to do so.



