In the wake of FS1 canceling three of its weekday programs, the conversation has now shifted to what’s next for several members of the laid-off talent at FOX Sports. With the network pulling the plug on Breakfast Ball, The Facility, and Speak, there is still no official word on which talent will remain with the network and who will be leaving. While we await those details, former NBA guard and podcaster Gilbert Arenas says he’s hiring.
During a recent episode of his No Chill Gil podcast, the former NBA star revealed that he’s been in talks with Joy Taylor about joining his podcast for the upcoming football season.
“Joy’s a great host. We’re looking at her for the football side,” said Arenas. “We’ve been behind the scenes talking for the last year.”
According to a report by The Athletic, Taylor’s contract had expired, and the network ultimately decided not to renew it after she spent nearly a decade there. Taylor was also named in a lawsuit filed against the network by two former employees who accused former programming executive Charlie Dixon of sexual battery. Taylor denied the allegations against her in the lawsuits, stating she told one of the former employees to “get over it.”
Dixon left the network in late April.
Furthermore, Arenas shared his perspective on the recent cuts at FS1, attributing them to the network’s failure to secure any of the NBA broadcasting rights. He expressed confidence that the displaced talent will be able to bounce back quickly.
“I would love to add him (Paul Pierce),” said Arenas about potentially adding Pierce to his podcast. “I would love to have him on our show.”
In addition, Arenas, likening himself to an underdog, explained why now is the time to recruit the former FS1 talent to his roster.
“I can tell you this. As an underdog, we better move on some of them. We can’t just look at this and be like ‘eh,’” said Arenas. “There are some moves that need to be made because these guys are going to go somewhere and they are going to get a home. That will change the landscape of shows. I’m already on it as soon as I seen it.”
As of now, there has been no official word from FOX Sports on which talents the network plans to retain following Monday’s news.
Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.



