David Samson on Potential Jordon Hudson Lawsuit Against Pablo Torre: “Bring It”

"The fact of the matter is, Ms. Hudson, it's over, literally"

Date:

Meadowlark Media host David Samson addressed the news of a potential lawsuit by Jordon Hudson against ESPN personality Pablo Torre during Monday’s episode of Nothing Personal with David Samson. Samson offered both skepticism and humor while commenting on Hudson’s reported plans to file a defamation claim.

“Just a quick message to you, Jordan, bring it,” Samson said. “I can’t wait to read what law firm of Dewey Cheatham and Howe Inc. is going to represent you in some sort of defamation case. How you will crawl over the Supreme Court cases that say that what Pablo was defamation. He’s barely been descriptive for crying out loud.”

- Advertisement -

Samson’s remarks reflected a combination of incredulity and sarcasm, emphasizing his belief that Hudson’s claims may not have a strong legal basis. He repeatedly highlighted that Torre’s coverage, in Samson’s view, does not rise to the level of defamation.

While Hudson has not revealed the reasons why she’s threatening litigation against Torre, Samson also offered Hudson advice. He noted the broader context surrounding her public statements.

“Your boyfriend’s having such a bad season in North Carolina. He might be one and done, which is what we all said anyway,” Samson said. “That means you may be at 14 minutes and counting. Forgetting the arguments that you go ahead and leak to the New York Post. All the stuff that you think is going on with the Belichick family. The fact of the matter is, Ms. Hudson, it’s over, literally.”

Hudson, the 24-year-old girlfriend of longtime NFL coach Bill Belichick, says she plans to sue sports journalist Pablo Torre after a string of stories she claims portrayed her unfairly throughout the year. Hudson announced her intentions Sunday in an Instagram post.

Although brief, the caption carried a direct message: “P.S. I’m suing you Pablo Torre,” she wrote, finishing with a heart-hands emoji. Her photo accompanying the post offered hints at what her potential motive may be. Hudson wore a necklace reading “banned” and held an “All Access” credential with her name on it — a reference to one of Torre’s most circulated reports.

In May, Torre reported on Pablo Torre Finds Out that Hudson had been barred from the University of North Carolina football facility, where Belichick now works as head coach. He cited two sources inside the athletic department who claimed administrators decided Hudson was no longer allowed in the football building or on the practice field.

Despite his skepticism, Samson welcomed the possibility of Hudson moving forward with legal action, framing it as an opportunity for entertainment and conversation on his show.

“Please do me a favor and do it. It would make me so happy, because I sit here and think, What do I talk about? How do I find things for two hours and then you come around and boom. It’s like whoo hooo,” he said.

Neither Hudson nor Torre have publicly commented on Samson’s remarks.

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

- Advertisement -

1 COMMENT

  1. Last I checked, being portrayed unfairly is not a basis for a lawsuit. To this point, she has not indicated anything was defamation or untrue. If this even goes anywhere, she and us Belichick will just be laughing stocks. And I’m sure Bill needs his crap while he’s trying to figure out how to write the ship in Chapel Hill.

Comments are closed.

Barrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio Summit

Popular