Terry Moran Speaks For First Time Following Dismissal From ABC News

"For almost 28 years, I was a reporter and anchor for ABC News. And as you may have heard, I'm not there anymore."

Date:

Following his exit from ABC News, Terry Moran has spoken for the first time. He announced he’ll launch a new Substack account to continue his work.

In a video published to X, Moran addressed his exit from his longtime television home.

- Advertisement -

“For almost 28 years, I was a reporter and anchor for ABC News. And as you may have heard, I’m not there anymore,” Moran said.

He continued by noting the launch of a new endeavor.

“I’m here, with you, on Substack, this amazing space, and I can’t wait to get at it,” he shared.

Just after Midnight on Sunday, Moran called President Donald Trump and advisor Stephen Miller “world-class haters.”

“The thing about Stephen Miller is not that he is the brains behind Trumpism,” Moran wrote. “Yes he is one of the people who conceptualized the impulses of the Trumpist movement and translates them into policy. But that’s not what’s interesting about Miller. It’s not brains. It’s bile. Miller is a man who is richly endowed with the capacity for hatred. He’s a world-class hater. You can see this just by looking at him because you can see that his hatreds are his spiritual nourishment. He eats his hate. Trump is a world-class hater. But his hatred is only a means to an end, and that end is his own glorification. That’s his spiritual nourishment.”

In a statement to Barrett Media, the network confirmed that Moran — who was suspended after the comments — would not see his contract renewed.

“We are at the end of our agreement with Terry Moran and based on his recent post – which was a clear violation of ABC News policies – we have made the decision to not renew,” a network spokesperson said. “At ABC News, we hold all of our reporters to the highest standards of objectivity, fairness and professionalism, and we remain committed to delivering straightforward, trusted journalism.”

Terry Moran served as the senior national correspondent for ABC News. He had been at ABC News since 1997. He served as the network’s Chief White House Correspondent from 1999 to 2005, before becoming the co-anchor of Nightline. After exiting the late-night news program in 2013, he became the network’s Chief Foreign correspondent, before assuming his current role in 2018.

Barrett Media produces daily content on the music, news, and sports media industries. To stay updated, sign up for our newsletters and get the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.

- Advertisement -
Barrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio Summit

Popular